BABY TATE

                                     






                                                                                  



Here's the original version of "Bad Blues" by Baby Tate, recorded in 1961.

In the spoken introduction of the song he explains what gives him the blues and what he then does...smart advice!

I first heard this instrumental when I was about 15 years old.
I found the lp called "The Blues" in our local library and it has several tracks by Baby Tate. His music left a very profound impression on me and inspired me to start to play the guitar...and after many years of fooling around I finally recorded my own version.


Charles Henry Tate , (1916-1972 ) Greenville ( Carolina del Norte) , discípulo directo de Blind Boy Fuller .
Colaboró con historiadores directamente sobre las investigaciones que estos han llevado a cabo para conocer mas cosas del Blues que se hacía por aquellos lares, como podéis apreciar Tate fué además de cantante un excelente guitarrista. 



                                     

Traditional arr. by Charles Henry Tate

Charles Henry "Baby" Tate:Vocals & Guitar


Recorded in Spartanburg, S.C. Monday, August 14, 1961


Originally issued on the 1962 album "The Blues Of Baby Tate:See What You Done Done" (Bluesville 1072) 




ENTRADAS MAS VISTAS ÚLTIMOS 30 DIAS