WALTER TROUT


   
Happy for his return we leave you with one of his performances before surgery and the video of his return



Prisoner of a Dream New Jersey-born blues-rocker Walter Trout spent decades as an ace sideman, playing guitar behind the likes of John Lee Hooker, Big Mama Thornton, and Joe Tex. In 1981, he was also tapped to replace the late Bob Hite in Canned Heat, remaining with the venerable group through the middle of the decade. While filling in one night for an ailing John Mayall, Trout (also a Bluesbreaker for some five years) was spotted by a Danish concert promoter who agreed to finance a solo tour. Assembling his own backing band, he released his debut LP in 1990, Life in the Jungle, trailed a year later by Prisoner of a Dream. Albums including 1992's Live (No More Fish Jokes), 1994's Tellin' Stories, and 1997's Positively Beale Street followed. Trout continued a steady release schedule, issuing Livin' Every Day in 1999, a live album the following year (recorded at the Tampa Bay Blues Fest), the 2001 studio album Go the Distance, 2003's Relentless -- which Trout and his band the Radicals recorded in front of a live audience -- and 2005's Deep Trout, a compilation of early and unreleased recordings. On the 2006 release Full Circle, Trout realized his dream of creating an album with some of his most admired musicians, including John Mayall, Coco Montoya, and Joe Bonamassa, among others. The 2009 compilation Unspoiled by Progress found Trout handpicking live tracks recorded on the road throughout his career. The following year he was back in the studio and released Common Ground. On 2012's Blues for the Modern Daze, he wrote 15 tracks based on his country-blues roots. His 23rd album, Luther's Blues, a tribute to one of his main influences, the late Luther Allison, was originally released in Europe in 2010, and finally issued in the United States in 2013.
The Blues Came Callin'Trout had been having health problems for some time, and discovered his liver was failing in late 2013. He went on a transplant list early the next year, and on May 26, 2014 underwent successful transplant surgery. Two weeks later, Provogue issued Blues Came Callin', a recording that marked his 25th anniversary as a solo artist. Trout continued to recover with some complications that required another surgery.
A series of interviews with British journalist Henry Yates resulted in the autobiography Rescued Reality: The Life and Times of Walter Trout, published in early 2015. Trout was strong enough to tour and record again. Less than a year after his transplant, he cut another album entitled Battle Scars, set for release in the fall.

                                                   


                                               

WALTER TROUT ANNOUNCES RETURN TO STAGE
FOLLOWING RECOVERY FROM SUCCESSFUL LIVER TRANSPLANT

Bluesman's First Appearance At Royal Albert Hall in London, U.K. On June 15

The day hundreds of thousands have waited for has arrived. Walter Trout has announced his plans to return to stages across the globe in 2015. Following a liver transplant, and extensive rehabilitation, the esteemed Bluesman feels strong enough to resume his career of fifty plus years. Trout shares, "The last year has been one where the blues truly came calling, and I came face to face with death more than once. My wife moved me to Nebraska to improve my chances of getting a life-saving liver transplant, and after a long wait, I got my new liver on May 26th, 2014. Since then I have been filled with immense gratitude. Gratitude for the fans who supported me via fundraisers, cards, messages, thoughts and prayers, for the donor and his or her family, for medical science, for my family, and for life itself. Everything matters more to me now. Now, 7 months after my transplant I feel like a new man. I have strength and energy. In some ways I feel like I am in my 20’s again! The past couple of years of playing I was getting dizzy spells, severe cramps in my hand and forearm and played many shows in severe pain. It turns out that was a result of my deteriorating liver. That is gone now! I am able to play better than I have in years. I feel reborn. I cannot wait to get back out on the road again and do what I love to do for my fans. The future looks great!”




Comments

ENTRADAS MAS VISTAS ÚLTIMOS 30 DIAS