WILLIAM "DO BOY " DIAMOND

 


William "Do-Boy" Diamond, 54, lives on his bossman's farm outside Canton, Miss., just north of Jackson. He is one of the more fortunate few who have jobs operating farm machinery. He did not start playing guitar until he was 25, when he learned from two local men, Wax Billbrew and Charlie Hughs. About seven years ago, he quit playing regularly because " people just worried me so for dancing, man, I got to the place I couldn't sleep none." But, occasionally, he says, "I still go 'round to a dance and the dance going good and, you know, get two or three drinks of beer or two or three drinks of whiskey, and those old guitars be sounding so good and then I sit down there and play a couple of pieces myself."  INFO : 

https://folkways-media.si.edu/liner_notes/arhoolie/ARHLP1041.pdf

                                                    ---------------------oOo------------------- 













Comments

ENTRADAS MAS VISTAS ÚLTIMOS 30 DIAS