J-RAD COOLEY

 



J-Rad Cooley (born Jared McLean Cooley, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on October 13th in 1998) is an American singer/songwriter as well as a unique harmonica player and pianist. Cooley had picked up the guitar when he was 13 and later on branched out at the age of 14 to find his love for the harmonica, piano and writing original music.

“When I was 14, I began playing with people who were much better than me at the time, and I remember something hitting me in that very first moment I heard them play - I had never been more certain about what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I have had so many great opportunities since then, and I am very grateful to have shared the stage with so many people who have inspired me.” - J-Rad Cooley

Cooley has been portraying musical genres such as; Blues, Jazz, Country, Ragtime, Rock n’ Roll, Soul, and other roots music. He fell in love with the blues at a young age when he first heard Lightnin’ Hopkins and other Blues artists like Blind Willie McTell, Dr John, Louis Armstrong, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Muddy Waters, Ray Charles, Robert Johnson, and many others.

“My first band was called The Arvos, we started playing when I was 15, hitting stages by the time I was 16. It was everyone’s first real band I’d say, and we all learned a whole lot from each other. It was a great band and we all had a lot of fun but I eventually left the group to start my new project, Ol’ Fashion Depot, which we began in 2017. We technically remain same band, we just changed our name to J-Rad Cooley Band about a year ago for a few different reasons. We have been consistently playing shows and working on new material for the future, we are always trying to keep things interesting and fresh - not only for the audience but mostly for ourselves. I’ve always been a big blues guy, but have also been really inspired by other artists like Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen, for being such good storytellers and creative writers. Mostly I have always just wanted to be a good songwriter.” - J-Rad Cooley

At 16, Cooley first met harmonica player, Tony Holiday, when the two played their first show together in Salt Lake City, Utah on a Spring evening in 2015. Cooley had unfortunately forgotten one of his keyboard cables for the show, but Holiday offered to drive Cooley to Holiday’s house hoping that he might have an extra cable laying around. During the process, Holiday’s car broke down a few blocks from his home, resulting in Cooley having to push the car the rest of the way. They arrived at the house, and sadly discovered that there was no extra cable. Fortunately, the car effortlessly started back up, and the two of them went back to the venue and managed to play the show with some innovation. This was the bazaar and humorous beginning of a solid friendship between J-Rad Cooley and Tony Holiday. Since then Holiday has taken Cooley under his wing and taught him tricks and techniques on the harmonica, produced his first album "Yard Sale” and more.

“The first time I heard the Blues and really appreciated it, I just remember thinking that it was one of the realest things I had ever heard. It was pure, raw, and truthful to the core. I got into other music later on, of course. But I will always have a special love for the Blues, and I would like to thank everyone who is continuing the tradition and keeping the genre alive.” - J-Rad Cooley

J-Rad Cooley has shared stages with bands and musicians, such as; New Breed Brass Band, Polyrythmics, Ronnie Baker Brooks, Tony Holiday, and many more. Grammy nominated musician, Victor Wainwright, is featured on piano for half of Cooley’s first album, Yard Sale, produced by Tony Holiday, and recorded in Tennessee. The album is set out to be released on all streaming platforms in early 2022.

This info appears in : 


J-Rad Cooley - The State Room Presents

https://thestateroompresents.com










Último trabajo discográfico de J-RAD COOLEY 

                               






Comments

ENTRADAS MAS VISTAS ÚLTIMOS 30 DIAS