STINGAREE BLUES - Curiosities-

 

Photo DUBI : ALBERTA HUNTER 

En la fotografía del post podéis ver a ALBERTA HUNTER que fué una de las/los artistas que grabaron un tema con este título STINGAREE en el audio la podéis oir acompañada del pianista FATS WALLER : 






[Verse 1]
I feel so sad today, my man has gone away
My heart is full of pain
He was so good to me, sweet papa Stingaree
I want him back again
I've got those lovin' blues, dyin' blues
For my sweet papa Stingaree

[Verse 2]
Lord, I woke up this morning, woke up this morning
Heard somebody callin' me
I say I woke up this morning, heard somebody callin' me
Now it must have been my sweet papa Stingaree

[Instrumental Break]

[Verse 3]
The man I love, Lord, the man I love
I said the man I love don't treat me right
Lord, the man I love sure don't treat me right
But the man I hate, I see him every night

[Verse 4]
Folks, I love my daddy, crazy about my daddy
I love my papa, but I hate his woman's name
I say I love my daddy, but I hate his woman's name
She's mighty nice to him, but I hate her just the same

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Otros artistas que grabaron temas con alusión a Stingaree fueron KING OLIVER , ó el propio CHARLIE MUSSELWHITE entre otros muchos , sin olvidar a , BO CARTER,  BLIND BLAKE .con IRENE SCRUGGS , ( que podéis oir mas abajo ) ó  MATTIE DORSEY 



My baby, she is a honey bee
My baby, she is a honey bee
Might not sting for you but she's
Always buzzin' me
Man needs honey
Gets it when he could
Stingin' always feel so good
My baby, she is a honey bee
Might not sting for you but she's
Always buzzin' me
I love that stingaree, she's my honey bee
Uh huh, huh huh
Love that stingaree
Love that stingaree, she's my honey
Oh oh, oh oh
I love that stingaree, she's so good to me
Love that girl, I ain't lying

---------------------------------------------------------------
La referencia a STINGAREE es clara en ambos casos y suponemos que " irónicamente cariñosa " puesto que si ahondamos en el significado de la misma nos dá que deriva de STINGRAY , Stingray es una raya venesosa según definición del diccionario, tambien conocida por Pastinaca. Stingaree sería la derivación STINGAREE , que entre otras muchas cosas tambien es el título de una película, o el nombre de un restaurante sito en Crystal Beach, USA . 








Comments

ENTRADAS MAS VISTAS ÚLTIMOS 30 DIAS