EMANUEL CASABLANCA * STRUNG OUT ON THRILLS *

 




Emanuel Casablanca is an ideal example of an artist who possesses the ability, ingenuity and the passion that drives him to succeed. 

The Brooklyn-based multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, painter, and actor released his debut LP, Blood on My Hands, in August 2022. The album that featured many notable musicians including, Grammy Nominated musician Eric Gales, world renowned guitarist Paul Gilbert, Blues Music Award Winner Albert Castiglia, Grammy Award Winner and Blues Music Award Winner Jimmy Carpenter, Blues Music Award Nominee Kat Riggins and more. 

Blood On My Hands offers an opportunity for him to shine in the spotlight, share his skills and allow his talents to advance to front and center. It’s an eloquent and expressive set of songs — some sixteen in all, each offering different sides of his persona and bringing his ideas and intents to the surface. “I made it a point with this album to try to explore the essence of an imperfect past,” Emanuel insists. “There are things that I’ve done that I’ve tried to repent for, and in exorcising those demons, I’ve made an attempt to come clean and reveal my true self, despite all the flaws and imperfections.”  The was featured on RMR, IBBA and ABARAC music charts. 

His sophomore album, Strung Out on Thrills, with a planned release date of January 2024, is currently underway. This record is solely blues/blues-rock based and truly owns the sound of minor blues. Several of his peers are featured on this album including Elliot Sharp and Blues Music Award Nominee Joanna Connor.

Additionally, Casablanca has worked with an array of A-list performers over the course of his career, among them such luminaries as bassist and producer Bill Laswell, drummer Daxx Nielsen, a prominent member of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honorees Cheap Trick, vocalist Bernard Fowler, a touring member of the Rolling Stones, bassist Doug Wimbish of the Grammy-winning band Living Colour, and others. 

As of June 2023, Casablanca began filming his first lead role in a feature film, Mookie & Worm, an Onur Tukel film, which will debut in 2024 in many notable and international film festivals. Mookie & Worm is a film about a blues superstar who has fallen from grace. Casablanca (Worm), instead of playing to 30,000 at his festivals, he is now playing small clubs and trying to work his way back to blues-rock stardom with the support of his manager “Worm.” Casablanca has appeared in numerous commercials including Coke, Gillette, and others. He appeared in season two (2) of Showtime’s Billions and is currently preparing for a second feature film which will have a Fall ’25 release date.

To add to his artistic portfolio, Casablanca paints, both abstract and mixed-media paintings. His work has shown in New York City’s famed Black Wall Street Gallery amongst many other art viewings and shows in NYC, Los Angeles and Oaxaca, MX. 

Casablanca credits his artistic nature to his mother who was an arts advocate and educator in his formative years. Although at the time he didn’t appreciate the gifts she was instilling in him, he has always stated that he wouldn’t have the creative insight he has without her. 

“My mother was a music teacher, as well as the choir director at our church. Since my youth she had me in painting classes, acting classes and other stuff I didn’t necessarily appreciate. Me and my siblings all had to play an instrument. My sisters sang in a vocal group when I was a child. My first instrument was violin that I was given when I was four years old. But I hated it, so I broke it after smashing it repeatedly.”  

INFO ARTIST WEB SITE : 

Emanuel Casablanca

https://www.emanuelcasablanca.com






Comments

ENTRADAS MAS VISTAS ÚLTIMOS 30 DIAS